POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Other Poser 5 tests - Dynamic cloth & wind (80 kbu) : Re: Other Poser 5 tests - Dynamic cloth & wind (80 kbu) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Other Poser 5 tests - Dynamic cloth & wind (80 kbu)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 7 Oct 2002 11:47:28
Message: <3DA1AC8F.A2BFFA2D@gmx.de>
Gilles Tran wrote:

> Just testing the mix of dynamic cloth and wind effect. Same character as in
> the previous tests (Judy on the left is slightly younger),same radiosity
> parameters (400/0.05),  more or less default poses, same light system by
> Jaime Vives Piqueres (different filter).

In all pictures you posted the cloth material seems unnaturally stiff.
Usual material for such a dress would form very small ripples etc.  From
the shadow lines it seems the polygon count is really low which would
partly explain this.

BTW clothes are one thing i intend to make possible for the first release
of my mechanics simulation system.  I already made some experiments with
collision calculation based on intersection tests rather than requiring an
isosurface function.

The way how to design clothes with this would be generating the geometry
in an unrelaxed and heavily expanded form at some distance from the body
so arms and legs are at the correct 'hole' position etc. and running some
gradient descent steps to relax the geometry (starting simulation right
away would result in heavy movement and problems at the beginning.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,
Last updated 13 Aug. 2002 _____./\/^>_*_<^\/\.______